Visa Management


  • Pages on our site

  • Links to other site

  • The Thai law firm you can trust !

    Foreign nationals wishing to remain in Thailand for an extended period must comply with the Kingdom's rigidly enforced visa regulations. This need not be an onerous task if you have an experienced firm of visa management professionals to assist you. Our expatriate management, competitive rates, and close working relationship with the Immigration Bureau put us ahead of the field in the processing and maintenance of Thai visas. Whether you are a Fortune 500 company, a small business, or an individual, contact us for fast, efficient and cost effective visa support. We can also assist with tourist visa extensions.

    Non-Immigrant Business (B) Visa
    This is the visa type you need if you wish to establish a business, be a director of a Thai registered company, or apply for a work permit. The conditions for issuing and renewing non-immigrant business visas are quite strict, so providing the required documentation in a manner most acceptable to the Immigration Bureau is important. We has a successful track record in processing non-immigrant business visa applications on behalf of multinational corporations and small business people alike.

    Non-Immigrant Dependent's (O) Visa
    Foreign nationals who are classed as dependent on another foreign national who holds a non-immigrant visa or Resident's Permit may apply for an 'O' Class Dependent's Visa. The definition of dependency is immediate family members - spouses, parents, and children.

    Visa Management

    'Marriage' Visa
    There is actually no such thing as a 'marriage visa' in Thailand. Foreign nationals who are married to Thai citizens are entitled to apply for an 'O' Class Dependent's Visa. Applicants must be able to prove that they have either B400,000 deposited in a Thai bank account, or have a guaranteed monthly income of B40,000, or a combination of the two, so that your total income is equal to or greater than B400,000 per annum.

    'Retirement' Visa
    Those foreign nationals who are 50 years of age or over can apply for a non-immigrant 'O' Visa under the Immigration Bureau's Extended Stay Programme. Applicants must be able to prove that you have either B800,000 deposited in a Thai bank account, or a guaranteed monthly income (such as a pension) of B65,000, or a combination of the two, so that the combined yearly worth totals B800,000 or more. Applicants must also have a medical certificate.

    Ninety Day Reporting
    Foreign nationals who hold any category of long term visa must either leave the country after every ninety days, or report to the Immigration Bureau every ninety days, depending on the visa category. Failure to do so can result in fines and difficulty in renewing the visa. New rules requiring the lodging of Tax Clearance Certificates have further complicated the process. We can ensure that the reporting process is handled smoothly so that you can have peace of mind that you are staying legally in Thailand.

    Resident's Permit
    The Resident's Permit, which allows foreign nationals to remain in Thailand permanently and provides similar rights and responsibilities to Thai citizens, can be applied for if the foreign national has held a non-immigrant visa for three continuous years, or under several investment promotion schemes where the foreign national has invested in the Thai economy. The application process is expensive and very complex and without professional help, applicants are unlikely to succeed. We have extensive experience in this field and advise that a consultation to determine the likelihood of success be undertaken before an application is lodged. We are always happy to advise prospective residents.

    Visa Management